Welcome to My New Blog!! Planet Earth is a dazzling blue planet. The Sun, our Star glows like an ember lying on a blanket of the Milky Way Galaxy. The glamour of its majestic beauty is sparkling like a sprinkle of dew in the giant Universe. We share our beautiful common home, our world filled with natural wonders, biodiversity, wonderful animals, human culture footprints of different origins, time and places in modern spectrums and ancient history. This writer, poet, artist has a great respect for life. This Blog will share journeys and journals into the past, as well as poems, inspirational stories, tales, random thoughts, art work and pictures in our present world. Writing is a Good Therapy for the Soul. Helping others motivates me in The Journey of Life. Welcome Aboard!!

The Planet Earth is Our Common Home.

The Planet Earth is Our Common Home.
Contact us Via Email or Comments! Read Our Public Facebook Community, "Starry Moonlight Universe." We Post General Articles & Interesting Topics to Read. Visit Our Artistic Corner Blog, which is listed in My Personal Profile. We call it, "Artistic Expression by Starry." Visit Our Art Studio with Handicrafts created by Fine Artisans. Celebrate Life with Our Gentle Family. Welcome Aboard!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Writing well is not an easy thing to do...

Writing well is  not an easy thing to do...
I was telling you in my previous posts what had been written in my British Teacher's Book about Essay Writing. Making a brief summary, there are many sort of Essays and Compositions, which should be written in at least 800 words.
In the United States, they call it PAPER, which I certainly agree. Paper is easier to remember.
-Narrative Essay.
-Descriptive Essay.
-The Literary Essay.
-The Reflective Essay: Descriptive-Reflective and Abstract.
-The Argumentative Essay.
-Poetry: An Advanced Literary Essay.
There are many forms and manifestations of Poetry, Classic and Modern ones.
Writing well is not an easy thing to execute, to carry out. I am sure a writer's heart gets frustrated over a blank page, not enlightened by a creative idea, not inspired by the muse of thousands words.
My style is simple, so my goals to reach people's hearts. When I write poetry, I use free style verses. When I write in prose, I use narrative or descriptive compositions. I am a simple person who writes simple things, nothing too complex that my mind won't be able to build up.
In my search to blaze a trail, I evoked my final stanza which I would like my dear family to have it engraved as an EPITAPH over MY GRAVE. It would read:
 
"In a lifetime, this poet
Wrote thousands words,
Whispered and died dozens Summers,
But enthusiastically returned...
This day might be different.
My turn might be longer and forever.
My time was over and set to be...
Would you remember me?..."
Author: Poet Starry Dawn.
 
In contrast with my poetic simplicity, I'll share a complex piece of art, one of Shakespeare's Sonnets (14 lines in rhyming iambic pentameters) for you to enjoy reading The Best Poet in The World.
 
Sonnet 21.
 
So is it not with me as with that muse,
Stirred by a painted beauty to his verse,
Who Heaven itself for ornament doth use,
And every fair with his fair doth rehearse;
Making a couplement of proud compare
With sun and moon, with earth and sea's rich gems,
With April's first-born flowers, and all things rare
That Heaven's air in this huge rondure hems.
Oh, let me be true in love but truly write,
And then believe me, my love is as fair
As any mother's child, though not so bright
As those gold candles fixed in Heaven's air:
Let them say more that like of hearsay well;
I will not praise that purpose not to sell.
 
Author: William Shakespeare.
Thank you in advance for reading!!
 
 

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love your photos Starry - especially that first one - love animals. sandie

Unknown said...

I believe it is not easy to write - I wouldn't be able to write as good as you do! I like the picture of the Tigers.
Have a lovely Day my friend!

Starry Dawn said...

Hi dear friends, Sandie and Eva,

I am always appreciative for all your visits and heartfelt comments.
Thank you so much for your kindness!
Have a blessed week, my friends!
Blessings,
Poet Starry.