Welcome to My New Blog!! Planet Earth is a dazzling blue planet. The Sun, our Star glows like an ember lying on a blanket of the Milky Way Galaxy. The glamour of its majestic beauty is sparkling like a sprinkle of dew in the giant Universe. We share our beautiful common home, our world filled with natural wonders, biodiversity, wonderful animals, human culture footprints of different origins, time and places in modern spectrums and ancient history. This writer, poet, artist has a great respect for life. This Blog will share journeys and journals into the past, as well as poems, inspirational stories, tales, random thoughts, art work and pictures in our present world. Writing is a Good Therapy for the Soul. Helping others motivates me in The Journey of Life. Welcome Aboard!!

The Planet Earth is Our Common Home.

The Planet Earth is Our Common Home.
Contact us Via Email or Comments! Read Our Public Facebook Community, "Starry Moonlight Universe." We Post General Articles & Interesting Topics to Read. Visit Our Artistic Corner Blog, which is listed in My Personal Profile. We call it, "Artistic Expression by Starry." Visit Our Art Studio with Handicrafts created by Fine Artisans. Celebrate Life with Our Gentle Family. Welcome Aboard!

Friday, September 21, 2012

My Writing Exercise: Interesting First and Last Paragraph.

My Writing Exercise: Interesting First and Last Paragraph.

FIRST PARAGRAPH.
At daybreak, the sailboat left the harbor with eight couples on board, plus the skipper and his sailor, a brown Labrador watchdog. Frank and I were among the crew. We would be going for a sail out the sea on a day journey to a desert island nearby.
Once we got there around noon, we would bring our lunch and have it on the island. Since it was uninhabited, the gorgeous coral reef or atoll with pristine sandy beaches surrounded by the turquoise sea, had nobody there to help if we would need anything.
A rowboat was loaded with the crew to land at the shore. We brought our snacks, tuna fish, peanut butter and cranberry sandwiches with a bottle of water. Frank had his camera ready to record our memorable adventure. He also gathered seashells to display at our studio in New York. At one point, a bottle in the sand aroused Frank's attention. He exclaimed in astonishment: "Baby! I have found a bottle with a message in the sand. Perhaps, it might have been written by one of the pirates in the Caribbean Sea. I shall keep it baby, so that we could read the message after we get back home."
We glanced at the sea and the blue sky above -as we lay down our bodies holding hands- celebrating our engagement on the soft white sand dune. After having a few bites of our snacks, Frank kept busy taking pictures of mother nature while I dreamt on the sand. It seemed as if I had fallen fast asleep when a sudden noise disturbed my peaceful dreams.
A rattlesnake was watching me from the bush behind...
Then, I woke up with pain in my right leg noticing bloody stains there. I felt I had been stung.
I screamed!!...
 
LAST PARAGRAPH.
I had always been infatuated with pristine sandy beaches, coral reefs and paradise islands in the deep blue sea. Hence our day journey on a vessel was indeed, a memorable experience.
 
We could not wait to read the message in the bottle, so we began to explore a bit farther. We had discovered something amazing after all.
We were all happy and safe back on board again sailing the sea. I took the last glance at the distant desert island, letting a sigh of relief and realizing that it must have been just a dream or rather a nightmare not with blood, but cranberry sauce on my leg.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR READING!!
WOULD YOU WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS and POST IT ON YOUR BLOG?...
AUTHOR: POET STARRY DAWN.

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful story and delightful photos that water so green and clear. I would love to be there. Grandson had a paper due today on Freedom. lol

Unknown said...

Beautiful writing my friend, and gorgeous pictures.

Enjoy your weekend!

Starry Dawn said...

Thank you, Sandie and Eva for coming over and placing your loving comments on my sites!
We love you, my friends.
Hugs,
Starry.